Tuesday, February 23, 2010

My Name is Jonah- Teaser Trailer

I've always been intrigued by sub-cultures and the delightfully eccentric weirdos who inhabit them.

Some folks that I know have created a fascinating looking documentary about a man named Jonah Washnis, a 57 year-old self-proclaimed "real life warrior, adventurer and musician" from upstate New York who dresses up in a variety of costume, including Conan the Barbarian and The Punisher, and plays a mean harmonica. I don't really know what to expect from this film, as I have yet to see any footage beyond that shown in the trailer embedded below.

Does Jonah LARP (Live Action Role Play) in his spare time? Does he dress up in costumes and rescue children from burning buildings? Does he fight crime?

I honestly have no idea. But I am extremely intrigued to learn more!

Check out the trailer below and visit the film's official website HERE!


Keep checking back to Awesometown Reviews for news and updates as this project develops...

1 comment:

  1. a. that looks fantastic. b. north greece is near rochester. thats western ny, not upstate. c. poughkeepsie is upstate. d. im not from there.

    ReplyDelete